Diversity/Careers is looking for writers!
Diversity/Careers is for the diverse technical workforce
The professional issue of Diversity/Careers is published six times a year. Articles cover career issues for experienced engineers, and information technology professionals in the diverse technical workforce. All articles feature technical pros who are members of minority groups, women or people with disabilities. Additional features look at the career implications of emerging and established technologies in areas like aerospace and defense; homeland security; data base technology; pharmaceuticals and biotech; chemical and environmental technology; manufacturing technology; civil engineering; energy and utilities; RF, microwave and satellite technology; financial, insurance, healthcare IT � and more. Supplier diversity coverage is aimed at minority/women-owned business leaders and the companies and government agencies that purchase their services. All articles include interviews with diverse technical pros working in industry, government and other organizations.
Subscriptions are free to qualified engineers, information technology professionals and small business owners who are women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asian Americans and people with disabilities. Additional copies are distributed at minority technical conferences and career fairs nationwide.
Students and recent grads read the two Minority College Issues.
Request editorial calendar and deadlines
In each issue you'll find articles from the following categories:
- Focus on Diversity: Focuses on a single minority group within engineering or information technology. Features interviews with professionals working in technical jobs.
- Diversity Update: Shorter articles on technical workforce diversity topics.
- Changing Technologies: An assessment of the job market and important skills in specific technical areas.
- Technical Career Update: Shorter articles that look at hiring activity in a single industry.
- Supplier Diversity: Minority and women entrepreneurs and the forward-looking corporations they work with. The current issue includes "Supplier Diversity" articles on
- Diversity in Action: Short profiles of the diversity activities at specific companies (or other organizations). Usually based on interviews with the company's diversity and/or human resources manager. The current issue includes "Diversity in Action" features on
Scripps Networks and
- Up & Coming: A calendar of events of interest to readers - job fairs, meetings and more. Collected by Diversity/Careers staff from societies and other organizations.
- News & Views: Opinions and news items of interest on diversity, technology, jobs and more... Contributions, suggestions and letters are welcome!
- Meet the Movers: A portrait of an important contributor to engineering or IT workforce diversity.
- On the Rise: Profiles of companies started and run by minority or female technical professionals.
- Mentors at Work: Professionals working with young people.
- People, Managing: Short profiles of technical folks who are members of the diverse workforce.
- On the Road: The travels of Diversity/Careers staffers, with lots of photos from minority technical career fairs and conferences.