is looking for writers!
Diversity/Careers Minority College Issue is for diverse tech students and new grads
The Minority College Issue of Diversity/Careers is published twice a year. Readers are juniors, seniors, grad students and new grads majoring in engineering and information technology who are women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asian Americans and people with disabilities. Individual issues are mailed free to qualified engineering and information technology students, and distributed at minority technical conferences and career fairs nationwide. 40,000 additional copies of each Diversity/Careers Minority College issue are distributed to Minority and Women in Engineering Program (MEP/WEP) offices, campus minority technical society chapters, and engineering and computer science departments of more than 145 schools, including historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), Hispanic-serving institutions (HSIs), tribal colleges and other institutions that serve significant numbers of minority students. Articles focus on the concerns of diverse new grads starting their first jobs; co-ops and internships; the job search process; and the entry-level job outlook in specific technical areas. All articles include interviews with diverse technical students and new grads.
Request editorial calendar and deadlines
In each issue you'll find articles from the following categories:
- Focus on Diversity: The experiences of minority technical students and new grads in a specific group. Past articles have focused on technical students with disabilities, Native American tribal schools, and campus programs for women in technical fields.
- Job Market: The job market for new grads in specific fields.
- Grad degrees: grad school degree programs and multi-cultural grad students
- Saluting Our Schools: A portrait of an institution that actively supports a diverse technical student body
Recent grads in their first full-time jobs
- Diversity in Action: Profiles of specific companies, their co-op and internship programs, their new-graduate recruiting efforts, and programs for newly-hired employees. The current issue includes "Diversity in Action" features on
U.S. Dept of Interior MMS and
- Up & Coming: Career fairs, meetings, conventions and more.
- News & Views: Opinions and news items of interest on diversity, technology, jobs and more... Contributions, suggestions and letters are welcome!
- On the Road: The travels of Diversity/Careers staffers, with lots of photos from minority technical career fairs and conferences.